JUNIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR
6300 120th Ave., Coal Valley IL 61240
The Junior Program shall be for Youth between the ages of 6 through 17. At the age of 18 juniors shall be moved into the Adult membership. All points earned as a junior will be sealed and shall not transfer to the adult program. Membership for individual members as Juniors shall be $10.00 per year. Junior membership can also be received through Family membership of $20:00 per year.
1. To pursue the growth and knowledge of our youth members in the ASBC.
2. To teach and educate breeding, exhibiting and showmanship of the Silkie Bantam.
3. To reward our youth for their achievements through the ASBC.
1. Duties: To maintain all records of the Junior Program and to grow it as needed. Act as a welcoming committee to all new junior members. Keep points records for Achievement Program and know when Jr. Master Breeder’s points are earned. Over see Scholarship program. Create awards for Junior Master Exhibitor and Junior Master Achievement Programs, order and send out to all juniors who have achieved award status. Create a welcome package for all new juniors and send them out. Also Director may assist the national Meet committees to develop awards for juniors at National Meets. Submit an article for the junior section of the ASBC Quarterly News Letter and on website page.
Note: District and State Reps. should create their own junior awards for meets in their area.
Junior Master Exhibitor: Master Exhibitor status will be reached when a junior member earns 5,000 points. Points will be from show wins, participation in showmanship and must work with an adult mentor. Showmanship points shall be 100 points per completed class, a signed sheet by a show official must be turned into Director to received points. Mentor points, 100 additional point shall be received when an adult mentor has been chosen and a sign sheet by mentor must be turned into Director to receive points. All show wins must be turned in on ASBC show reports and turned into Points Director. All show points shall be awarded by the same points system used for the general Master Exhibitor program. Also a letter of conformation must be received from mentor to receive award once points have been achieved. Award shall be issued within 6 months of earning achievement. All existing points earned shall be grandfathered in to new program. Award for Master Exhibitor shall be: Zippered hooded jacket with ASBC logo and a framed certificate
Junior Master Achievement: Master Achievement status will be reached when a junior member earns 1000 points. This shall be achieve from points earn from performing and being active in APA/ABA Youth Program and adopting a mentor. Juniors must join the APA/ABA Youth program and complete the first level which is the Coop Tender Award. All juniors should adopt a mentor to aid them in learning their skills to breed, raise and show Silkie Bantams. Documents of these actives will need to be filled out and signed and turned into the Junior Director to received credit points. Also a letter of conformation must be received from Mentor to receive award once points have been achieved. Award shall be issued within 6 months of earning this achievement. All existing membership into the APA/ABA shall be grandfathered in and upon receipt of signed form or proof of membership points shall be awarded. Award for Master Achievement shall be: Framed Certificate, ASBC Silkie Tack Pin or Logo Patch.
1. Joining the APA/ABA Youth Program: 100 Points
2. Choosing a Mentor: 100 Points
3. Coop Tender Level Completion: 800 Points
4. Scholarship Award: A Scholarship Award shall be earned by a deserving Junior Member at the end of his/hers tender as a Junior member. To earn the Scholarship Award Junior members who are of the age of 17 and will be moving to Adult level members will be required to show proof of college entry and write and send in an essay to the Junior Director, if more than one candidate qualifies then Junior Director shall send all essays to the ASBC Board Directors to choose the winner. Only one Scholarship Award to be given out when qualifying members arises. Award for Scholarship Award shall be: Not more than $200.00 and not less than $100.00. Note: Award will be determined by quality of essay and will be received only when proof of college entry is received.
Budget: A separate financial record shall be kept by the ASBC Sec/Tres for Junior monies and reported to the Board at regular meetings and copies sent to the Junior Director for budgeting.
1. Monies for Junior financing shall come from: All Junior Membership, a portion of Family membership that includes Youth members of not more than $5.00. Any monies collected or specified for the Junior Program.
2. Monies spent only buy Junior Director and full account of receipts shall be mailed to ASBC Sec/Tres.